Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cake of January

We have an agreement at work. All the boys are paying and buying breakfast every friday, but I don't. I bake the cake of the month. This is the cake of January.

Chocolate cupcake with rum and coconut frosting

I took a ordinary chocolate cupcake recepie. I had such big cups so a recepie for 15 cupcakes was enough to 8. Remember to double the time in the oven. I also doubled the cacao for a really chocolate feeling.
The topping was supposed to be white but as I only had brown rum at home, the color got a little bit boring so I chose to pour some yellow and red food coloring in it.

It tasted really good, the cupcake was crispy outside and chewy inside, almost like a fondant. The frosting have a grown up touch because of the rum.

If you don't want the frosting I would suggest some whipped cream with rum in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment